Here you will find answers to your questions about Carmunication
What is Carmunication?
Carmunication is an independent non-profit association founded in autumn 2016, based in Vienna, Austria.
Carmunication acts as a data expert and facilitator for all in-vehicle data related issues.
Carmunication is a data advisor, not a data provider.
Who are your stakeholders?
What is live vehicle data?
Modern vehicles are connected and “high-tech computers on wheels”. They generate and collect large amounts of data e.g., vehicle conditions or driver behavior. At Carmunication, we focus on the in-vehicle data related to the independent automotive aftermarket.
What are the challenges related to data?
Equal access to in-vehicle data, cost and standardization are the core challenges the independent aftermarket must face. Carmunication is providing knowledge and expertise to help its members making the right business decisions.
Who are the members?
Any type of company involved in the automotive aftermarket & mobility services: workshops, distributors, diagnostic providers, spare parts manufacturers and suppliers, IT services…
Today we have more than 30 members, including some of the industry leaders.
United, we are stronger and wiser. We are joining forces to scan the market, share our knowledge and expertise.
What makes Carmunication unique?
- Undisputed expertise
- Collaborative model
Carmunication is also actively represented in FIGIEFA (International Federation of European Automotive Aftermarket Distributors) to support the independent automotive aftermarket and to ensure consumers fair and competitive services.
Carmunication is the voice of the independent aftermarket working with institutions and public authorities in order to ensure a fair and equal access to the in-vehicle data.
Is Carmunication selling data?
No, we bring expertise, and we benchmark the market to allow our members to make the right business decisions with the right partners.
We act as a data expert & facilitator, not as a data provider.
What is Carmupedia?
Carmupedia©, “the in-vehicle data lighthouse”, designed as the data knowledge hub to centralize in one single entry point:
- the expert vision and advice
- the collaborative work
- the resource base (legal, commercial….)
- the best practices
- the benchmarks
- the relevant news and trends
This data knowledge hub is Carmupedia©.
Whenever you need an answer on data management in the automotive aftermarket, Carmupedia© will provide you the answer, is delivering tangible information via highly relevant facts or in discussion forums.
Carmunication in a nutshell
- Independent non-profit association working as an expert and facilitator for all in-vehicle data issues.
- More than 30 members, including industry leaders, involved in the aftermarket & mobility services: workshops, distributors, diagnostic providers, spare parts manufacturers and suppliers, IT services…
- Carmunication work with institutions and public authorities in order to ensure a fair and equal access to the in-vehicle data.
- Joining Carmunication is allowing members to benefit from the expertise, knowledge, and best practices of the Carmunication community, and making the right business decisions.
- Each member contributes according to his time, his aspirations, and his area of expertise.
- Carmupedia is “the in-vehicle data lighthouse”
You didn’t find what you were looking for?
Don’t worry, just send us a short message and we’ll be happy to answer your question.
Caught your attention?
Then join us at our next event and be a part of the growing community. Let’s shape the future of the Automotive Aftermarket together!
Want to get to know our members?
Sure thing, just head over here to see all of our members.
Need more info?
Get in touch and talk to our experts to see how we can work together.